Complaint Review: partstore.com

• Updated: Tue, February 25, 2014

• Reported By: Sweetpea — O'fallon Missouri
partstore.com
Internet USA

partstore.com subsidiary of Best Buy said part was instock and they had 8 qty but it confirmation email said it was backordered Internet

*Consumer Comment: Get a Life

I was looking for a caged mercury light for my 73" DLP Tv. I found partstore.com through my search engine. Saw that the item was instock and there was 8 qty so I went ahead and ordered the part feeling sure that I would have the part in 5-10 working days which seemed like a long time for an instock part but I was good and placed the order. I received a confirmation email the next day containing all of my order information and it now said that my item was on back order. I then located the part elsewhere locally and paid more but they indeed had it and it was a genuine part whereas the partstore.com was a generic anyway. I paid $60.00 more and took it and fixed my TV. Then I called partstore.com to cancel my order. They told me that my order was canceled and that I may still receive the part on or around March 26th.     Today is February 25th.  Why would they still ship it at that point? Isn't that enough time. My reason for filing this report is because I am not believing that they truly canceled my order and I am also going to call my credit card company to verify the cancellation and I will be moved to another address by the 26th so I will not even be at this address. The person I talked to was actually in India not even on US soil and I do not believe the part is on US soil either. Better to buy from someone locally and pay more too much hassle over nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/partstorecom/internet/partstorecom-subsidiary-of-Best-Buy-said-part-was-instock-and-they-had-8-qty-but-it-conf-1126522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on partstore.com

Get a Life

AUTHOR: Pied Piper - ()

...... and no one cares what you're having for dinner.