Complaint Review: Patriot Health UCA

• Reported By: Julia — San Pedro California
Patriot Health UCA
160 Eileen Way, Syosset, New York USA

Patriot Health UCA Sham Health Insurance Co. Syosset New York

I also signed up with the same company named "Patriot Health"  under an official sounding name of "Multiplan". I was toldit was a PPO network and I was eligible under "special enrollment" on Beb 28, 2013. I was told it was "garanteed coverage" with zero co-pays. I was told it included diagnostic tests, labs, meds, med./surgical, hospitalization and that I could go to my current physicians. They charged me a $99 enrollment fee and told me I had 30 days to cancel. They deducted $310 a month for 8 months totaling $2600. My physicians didn't accept the insurance.

I called Patriot Helath UCA (United Caring Association) for claim forms in October 2013, and told them that my physicians didn't accept the plan and that I wanted to get reminbursed for my doctor appointments. They then asked me if my doctors were listed in their plan. I told them the agent who enrolled me said I could see any doctor I wanted. I was ripped off $2600. The agent lied to me about the the coverage. This company is a scam and hires telemarketers posing as insurance agents to enroll gullible people who can't afford Blue Cross, Atna, Health Net, Cigna and all the other major medical health insurance companies.

I was getting charged over $600 a month from Health Net and that's why I cancelled it and signed up with "Patiriot Health" in Febrary because I couldn't afford to pay that much. Patriot Health sounded so good for $310 a month but they didn't pay for anything the whole 8 months I was under their so-called plan! So I'm now obligated to pay the entire costs of my doctor appointments, lab work and tests on top of what I paid Patirot Health every month! I think a class action lawsuit is in order here! I'm sure they've scamed hundreds of people like me!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2013 11:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patriot-Health-UCA-/Syosset-New-York-11791/Patriot-Health-UCA-Sham-Health-Insurance-Co-Syosset-New-York-1100187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patriot Health UCA