Complaint Review: Paul Libman dba Pawn America, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, October 30, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Anne — Atlanta Georgia
Paul Libman dba Pawn America, Inc.
1636 Willingham Drive East Point, Georgia USA
  • Phone: 404-761-7727
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Paul Libman dba Pawn America, Inc. Paul Libman Ripped Me Off By Selling My "Bose Acoustic Wave Music Stereo" Within 30 Days (before the pawn ticket expired) East Point Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mis-information

I pawned my Bose Acoustic Wave music System III w/Acoustic Wave Multimedia Pedestal on May 22, 2103 for $125 at owner, Paul Libman pawn shop, Pawn America, "Inc.", no longer incorporated (finance charge $31.25). This is a 30-day pawn with a 10-day grace period.  I paid on time, 4 different times.  The last payment was made on 9/27/13 and was good to 10/22/13 with a grace period of 10 days.

On 10/22/13, I came in to pick up my "Bose" stereo, and was told by his employee Michele that it could not be found and I would have to come back and speak with owner, Paul Libman.

On 10/23/13, I returned and was told that the owner, Paul Libman had an emergency and that I had to come back the following day.

On 10/24/13, I returned (my husband's birthday) at which time I was told that the owner, Paul Libman was in a meeting with the City of East Point downtown and will be returning to the pawn shop within 45 minutes to an hour (I waited over 3 hours).  I got to the pawn shop at 2:00 p.m. and waited for the owner Paul Libman until around 5:15 to 5:45 p.m. (closing time for the pawn shop) owner, Paul Libman never showed up.  When he didn’t show up within two hours or so, I asked employee, Michele was there any way she or I could speak with him.  She suggested that she text him and according to her, she did.  His employee apologized and I asked that she initial my pawn ticket, indicating each I was there, she did.  I told her I was getting very concerned at this point and suggested I needed to file a claim against Paul Libman. She added, do me a favor”, wait until I talk with him tomorrow” (10/25/13) and I will call you because he will be in around 12:00 noon and there shouldn't be any problem. I left her with my telephone number.

On 10/25/13, no call from Pawn America pawn shop so I returned to the pawn shop and employee Michele called me in their back office to tell me that they had SOLD my Bose Acoustic Wave Stereo,in error.  She explained that they would replace it with a refurbished Bose from the company and return my interest monies.  I told her that wasn’t the same because I paid over $1100 for my Bose Acoustic Wave Music Stereo System, she then suggested that they could give me something in addition to the Bose Stereo and the interest.  I told her I wanted my interest monies "now" because this would at least show a good faith effort.  She said "we don’t do it that way and asked that I returned on 10/26/13 to pick out a Bose from the Bose Company (she was going to call Bose to see what they had in a refurbished unit.)  At this time, I really knew I was being given the run-around.

On 10/26/13, I went down to the Police Department and filed a Police Report with office Johnson.  Officer Johnson told me that this is not the first time Pawn America, Inc. has done this (sold a customer’s item).  I told officer Johnson that I will go back to Pawn America, Inc. and called them once I got down there for Police protection.  Since I did not have my cell phone, I just showed up without calling an officer.  This time, employee Michele spoke with me with an attitude and still would not allow me to speak with the owner Paul Libman.  Again, she suggested that I call around 11:30 a.m. on Monday, 10/28/13 to settle the matter. I did, and was given the run-around again.

It is my hope that I get some form of justice in this matter.  It is also my hope to have the law stop Paul Libman of Pawn America, "Inc." from ripping off more people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paul-Libman-dba-Pawn-America-Inc/East-Point-Georgia-30344/Paul-Libman-dba-Pawn-America-Inc-Paul-Libman-Ripped-Me-Off-By-Selling-My-Bose-Acoustic-1095631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paul Libman dba Pawn America, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mis-information

AUTHOR: Operator - ()

This corporation has been operating for 27 years and never had an item pulled and sold before the maturity and grace period. Unfortunately the claim filer does not have proper doccumentation that indicates her contract was up to date. In fact it was several months delinquent.