• Report: #1052027

• Updated: Sat, May 18, 2013

• Reported By: too trusting — carmichael California
paul piper
7261 10th street rio linda, California USA

paul piper scammer, craigslist car seller, pretend mechanic, false promises and lies. rio linda California

*Author of original report: paul is such a lying scammer

I found an add on craigslist for a cheap vehicle so I replied to it. When I contacted the seller he just wanted to show me the car. So I agreed to meet to see the car. I am a broke college student and just needed something cheap to get to and from school. The car was listed for $800, it is a 99 plymouth breeze. Once we met I saw that the car was not really worth even $500, but the guy claimed if I bought it for $500 he would make the repairs for existing problems with car prior to me purchasing it for tattoo work. I asked if he could complete the repairs in onr or two days and he said yes he was professional and used  to have his own shop and his garage is set up like a shop and he has a manufactuers license with autozone. all of that turned out to be a lie.

I asked if I could get the car, the repairs, the parts, the labor, and any dmv fees for under $1000 otherwise I did not want to buy the car and he said yes $1000 or less.he asked it wanted near new strut assemblies for $30 each so I say sure, thinking that total it would be around $150 for the parts. I needed him to replace the fuel pump at that time. he comes over with a receipt for $218.79 and tells me the fuel pump and two control arms for 49.47 wernt on the receipt he left with me. I have him do a different job from any existing problem (fuel pump) and I pay him $50 for labor and I pay for the parts to change the fuel pump/filter. He brings parts from pick-n-pull and not all the parts he charged me for were on the receipt.

so after $316 down the drain the car runs worse than before and the guy unplugs the wire to engine cooling fans and takes a relay and leaves the check engine light on and never attempts to bring ball joints, motor mounts, the heater core, the air conditioner, or any of the other things he told me he would. he brought fuel clips for the fuel line the next day because the night before the car quit running after he changed the fuel pump and he said it was because he needed to put those on that it died. so he brings those clips and says he paid for them out of his pocket. I told him I dont want him to come out of his pocket and that I would pay for the $5 fuel clips but I did not have any money at the time and that I would have to owe him the $5. He says thats fine no big deal he knows my situation (broke college student) but then a week later he starts calling here and there to get the money I owed him. I was confused because I told him I didnt have any money and wasnt going to get any for a while and he said dont worry about it. I thought dont worry about it meant he was ok with waiting a month for $5 but I guess it meant according to him, pay $5 within a week or owe $51 after that because now hes calling saying I owe $51 and if I dont pay he is putting a mechanics lein on the car and after that goes through the car will be his and he will come take it. this guy is a professional liar and is not a man of his word. And he is trying to scam me for all I got.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2013 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/paul-piper/rio-linda-California-95673/paul-piper-scammer-craigslist-car-seller-pretend-mechanic-false-promises-and-lies-ri-1052027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on paul piper

paul is such a lying scammer

AUTHOR: too trusting - ()

so after my last encounter with him i was uncomfortable and did not want him to touch the car again at all because after the last time the check engine light came on while he was messing with it and then he unplugged the fans and lied and said thats why the check engine light was on. in addition to that the car drove worse than before he touched and it had less power and didnt want to switch gears. so i got a real mechanic and plugged everything back in and ran the code reader and it was definately not what he told me it was. so he had the nerve to try to call me for money i did not owe in the first place and tell me hes gunna put a mechanics lien on the car if i dont pay after he lied to my face, fucked up the car, and left the last job incomplete.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC