Complaint Review: Paul Rontos

Paul Rontos
2653 W. 21st ST. Chicago, Illinois USA

Paul Rontos Scammed me for Money Chicago Illinois

*Author of original report: Sorry Paul

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Paul Rontos NOT a ripoff.

After placing a Want To Buy ad on a couple Ham Radio related site, I got a responce from what seems to be a Paul Rontos, WI9L, that he had the type of Transceiver for sale. We emailed each other and price and payment was agreed upon. I used USPS to mail them a Bank Check for $2450. It took almost 3 weeks for them to cash the bank check. I no longer was receiving emails from them. I was sending emails out 3 times a day, to no avail.

This may or may not be the real Paul Rontos, but that's who the check was made out to, this is the the address he supplied for me to mail payment to, and was using his email address. This person does have a knowledge of Amateur Radio. He was describing things only a Ham would know. He actually sent pictures of the exact Transceiver I was wanting. Pretty slick. Now I am filing fraud repots everywhere I can. At 65 years old and on fixed income, this is pretty low lifed for anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 03:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paul-Rontos/Chicago-Illinois-60608/Paul-Rontos-Scammed-me-for-Money-Chicago-Illinois-1138912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paul Rontos

Sorry Paul

AUTHOR: Localizer - ()

Well I am the one that got ripped off. At the time I wrote this report, the only name I had was Paul's. As I made the bank check out to him, and this person signed his name to the check. The REAL PAUL RONTOS does not seem to be the bad man here. I am really getting fed up with these folks making money and never sweat a drop. Never get their hands dirty. If I ever do find this person, he and his female cohart will wish they were caught by the lazy a*s Chicago PD. They will have a long time in the hospital to wait until trial, if there is any. Enough is enough in this grand country of ours, where people can get away with breaking the law and just keep on doing it. IT SUCKS.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Paul Rontos NOT a ripoff.

AUTHOR: Paul - ()

I am NOT a ripoff.  I was informed of this problem by Jim. He said that he sent a check to someone posing using my name &  ham radio call sign.

He had posted a want to buy on a web site. Someone contacted him saying they had what he was looking for. (Not me).  I guess he trusted them. Sent a check He said it was a counter signed check (two signatures).  It was cashed and he didn't received what he said he paid for.

I received a letter to my home address from him explaining that he'd been ripped off ($2,500).

I called him down in Florida. Explained that I never got a check or had any dealings with him. Asked where he sent the check to.. He gave me an address about a miles & a half from me. Not my address or any address I've ever used & don't know anyone there.  I told him I use a P.O. box.

He said they told him not to send there that there was a problem with the Post office. (should of sent a red flag at that).  So he sent the money. Also never got a phone number or other method of verifacation. Why not Pay pal??   He wanted me to start an investigation here in Chicago.  I went the the local police station real close to the house. They informed me that I CAN'T start it. He has to. Was also warned by the police not to give him any info about me. They said it could be a scam... I told him, He asked if I could tell the police that They stole my check. I said NO WAY... I can't get involved. and of all things ask me to file a phoney report lying to the police.  Told him to report it to his local police there in Florida.  I've talked to him a few times. Nothing has come out of this. Not been contacted by Chicago PD or anyone else.  I asked him to send me a copy of the check. He never has. This is from April.  I am the innocent VICTIM here.

Sorry that he has lost his money. But.... I didn't scam you. I don't have it, I don't know who has it.

Not happy having my name being drug through the mud. I shouldn't have to seen my name trashed everytime I or anyone else does a name search...