Complaint Review: paydayfor america

• Updated: Sat, May 25, 2013

• Reported By: robert — Converse Texas
paydayfor america
Internet, New York USA

paydayfor america called ,said I had been approved for a 1000.00 loan I applied for online. Said I must get a green dot money pack card put 120.00 for 40 minutes and call with the numbers on the back, This would show that I would be able to repay loan at 120.00 per month starting June 24,2013. I should have known better. It just did not sound right, but I am getting married in July and needed the money. After 1 hur I called back and asked what was going on. The rep said that because my credit was not great ,I would have to deposit another 100.00 before the money wold be deposited. Beware of any caller with a very heavy Indian accent. It ha a area code in New York Internet New York

*Author of original report: Scam

*Consumer Suggestion: Scams and identity theft rolled into one!

Started with an online application. Getting married in July needed extra cash. A call came in "you are approved for 1000.00 loan". Was told to get a green dot money pack card and deposit 120.00 to show good faith . I knew this did not sound right ,but this is what desperate people do. Was told to wait 40 minutes for the transfer to my account ,and they would call back with a confermation number. Needless to say I`m still waiting for that call. When I did reach someone, he said there is something wrong with the transfer. That I must deposit another 100.00 to try again. Went online to get the balance on green dot card. Zero balance. They got me. Beware of anyone calling with a very heavy Indian accent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2013 05:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/paydayfor-america/Internet-New-York/paydayfor-america-called-said-I-had-been-approved-for-a-100000-loan-I-applied-for-onli-1053760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on paydayfor america

Scam

AUTHOR: robert - ()

Unfortunally, you are absolutly correct. I should have known better, it just did not sound right. But desperate people dop stupid things. Thanks!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Scams and identity theft rolled into one!

AUTHOR: Wyatt - ()

Things like this are common and widespread, however the simple fact is that no loan will ask for cash up front.  Some may ask for you to sign over some colateral or a car title, but if they say "feed me moneypack $150 dollar now" its a scam.

Not only did they just take your money, they also stole your identity.  Get a police report for the scam, then I would suggest you get an identity protection service (lifelock) and move on with your life.

Good luck.