Complaint Review: Payless Car Rental Tampa

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: Doug — Grand Rapids Michigan
Payless Car Rental Tampa
1965 N Westshore Blvd Tampa, Florida USA

Payless Car Rental Tampa Quote from web was more than double the actual fee charged Tampa Florida

I needed to rent a car from the Tampa airport for a week, looked around online and did some price comparisons.

All of the off airport locations that required a shuttle seemed to be the same.  I was quoted 299 plus tax and fees total was 375

When I was then shuttled to the location from the airport, the actual cost came in at 725.  I was charged for insurance that was covered by my auto policy - I even had my policy for this reason.  Then shuttle fee, permit fee, RSP?  Whats RSP?  whats fee recovery?

At the counter, I was told that they didn't have the car that I signed up for - at least for $299, so I was "upgraded" to another car at a cost of an additional 75.00  Then it turned out my "upgraded car" was what I signed up for in the first place!

To top it off, the check engine warning light was on the entire time.

A complete rip off - this was a complete con job

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-Car-Rental-Tampa/Tampa-Florida-33607/Payless-Car-Rental-Tampa-Quote-from-web-was-more-than-double-the-actual-fee-charged-Tampa-1079450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless Car Rental Tampa