Complaint Review: Payless Car Rental

• Reported By: AntiScamGuy — TPA Florida
Payless Car Rental
1965 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, Florida USA

Payless Car Rental Pay-MORE The insurance ripoff Tampa Florida

As many other victims, including 2 others I met on the same day, I was ripped off with having to pay "Pay-Less" more than triple the printed-out confirmed rate.  It was in 93 degree August heat, after a very long international triip, while my 70-year-old wife sweltered outside in the sun with our luggage. The agents obligated me to pay almost $500 for a $130 confirmed total rental rate.

...either that or pack my suffering wife and our stuff into the next bus, return to TPA, and try to rent elsewhere.

They had obviously rehearsed this same nasty routine many times, even offering to call their headquarters so that I could, after plenty of time waiting on the phone, I could hear their "official company policy" read to me by a supposed customer service manager.

Disgusting, and they do this over and over.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 04:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-Car-Rental/Tampa-Florida-33607/Payless-Car-Rental-Pay-MORE-The-insurance-ripoff-Tampa-Florida-1102529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless Car Rental