Complaint Review: Payless Car Rentals Sky Harbor Airport Phoenix

• Updated: Mon, March 24, 2014

• Reported By: David — Iowa City Iowa
Payless Car Rentals Sky Harbor Airport Phoenix
Sky Harbor Airport Phoenix Phoenix, Arizona USA

Payless Car Rentals Sky Harbor Airport Phoenix Didn't Honor My On Line Purchase Phoenix Arizona

Do NOT rent from Payless Car Rental at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix!  I arrived later than planned due to my plane being held up from poor weather.  When I arrived I was informed they had "given" my economy car away and they had no cars left unless I upgraded.  I said, "That's fine, but I booked this on line and you need to honor the price since I already booked ahead."  They refused and I had to pay $167 plus tax MORE for the upgrade.  I had few options left at midnight.  I was temped to go to another car rental place, but I figured they would charge me anyway since I booked on line.   I have had this bad experience from another car rental agency that I will never use again (Hertz).   So I paid the extra and now feel i was ripped off when reading the comments from other unhappy people who rented from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-Car-Rentals-Sky-Harbor-Airport-Phoenix/Phoenix-Arizona-/Payless-Car-Rentals-Sky-Harbor-Airport-Phoenix-Didnt-Honor-My-On-Line-Purchase-Phoenix-A-1133223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless Car Rentals Sky Harbor Airport Phoenix