Complaint Review: Payless shoe store

Syracuse, New York USA

Payless shoe store Syracuse New York

*Author of original report: Rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Why?

I recieved a text from company to use a 30% coupon off my purchase. I went into the store and the lady working stated that entire store was on sale look for red tags and such. I said great. I did my shopping and brought 2 pairs of boots to counter a headband and pair of shoes all of which had a sale tag not a red tag stating clearance on them. As did the lady ahead of me making her purchase at end of transaction the lady stated that she nor i could use the coupn bc we did not buy items at regular price. How can we do so when everything was priced at sale prices. What was the coupon intended to be used for then? Bait and switch to get in door and then get to register to then be told cant use. I ended up putting back half my purchase do to the great deal i thought i was about to get but then did not. I will not go back anymore and spend money and will also tell people how the coupon is used.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2013 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-shoe-store/Syracuse-New-York-13214/Payless-shoe-store-Syracuse-New-York-1091539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless shoe store

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Danielle - ()

When i brought purchase to counter i had one clearan e item with a reg tag in which i was informed prior i could not use coupon on  so that is item i continued to purchase. I also recieved a text yesterday that was for 25% of no exclusions in all capitals then at bottom of text lists exclusions.

A bit contradictory . I will no longer make further purchases there

Why?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

If you thought they were ripping you off, were doing a bait and switch and are never going to spend any money there.  Why did you only put back HALF of your purchases?