Complaint Review: paypal prepaid mastercard

• Updated: Sat, August 24, 2013

• Reported By: michelle — Naples Florida
paypal prepaid mastercard
po box 2136 - austin, tx 78768-2136 , Select State/Province USA

Paypal Prepaid Mastercard Paypal Prepaid Mastercard Steals from Innocent Consumers Naples, FLORIDA

*UPDATE Employee: PayPal Prepaid MasterCard

*Author of original report: Rebutal

*Consumer Comment: It is simply a security

PURCHASED PREPAID PAYPAL MASTERCARD THROUGH CVS STORE

ON 8/24/13 I PURCHASED A PREPAID PAYPAL CARD AT CVS IN THE AMOUNT OF $261.96. THERE WERE ALOT OF PREPAID CARDS TO CHOOSE FROM - BUT CVS HAD A SPECIAL ON PAYPAL ON GETTING $10.00 REWARDS BACK FOR EVERY $50.00 YOU SPEND.  WELL HELL, WHO WOULDN'T GRAB THAT SPECIAL RIGHT?

ONCE PURCHASED, I PROCEEDED TO TRY TO REGISTER THE CARD ONLINE.  WHEN ENTERING THE CARD INFORMATION VIA ONLINE, I ENTERED THE INFORMATION FOR A FAMILY REMEMBER BECAUSE "MAJORITY" OF THE FUNDS WOULD BE FOR THEM AS WELL AS MYSELF!

WITH THAT BEING SAID, AND ENTERING THE INFORMATION FOR MY FAMILY MEMBER, THE CARD WOULD NOT REGISTER. I THEN CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AT PREPAID PAYPAL AND EXPLAINING THAT I BOUGHT THE CARD AT CVS AND THE CARD WOULD NOT REGISTER AND THAT I PURCHASED THE CARD FOR A FAMILY MEMBER.

THEY TOLD ME SINCE I REGISTERED THE CARD IN MY MOMS NAME (NOTE THAT SHE WOULD NEED TO CALL TO CONFIRM). I TOLD THEM MY MOM HAS DEMANITA AND I BOUGHT THIS CARD TO HELP HER OUT.

I WENT INTO CVS IN TEARS NOT UNDERSTANDING I JUST LITERALLY (2HOURS AGO) AND GAVE THEM $261.00 PLUS DOLLARS AND MY MONEY IS STOLEN, HELD UP WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT FOR REGISTRATION MOBO JUMBO REGISTRATION PROCESS VIA PAYPAL.

PAYPAL HAD NO ANSWERS AFTER ASKING TO SPEAK TO MULTIPLE SUPERVISORS AND BEING DISCONNECTED. I SAT THERE AND JUST REALIZED, I WAS JUST STOLEN FROM "CORPORATE AMERICA" AND WTF CAN I DO ABOUT IT!!

MY NEXT STEP TOMORROW IS TO CALL THE POLICE AND FILE A REPORT BOTH WITH MY COUNTY, STATE AND FEDERAL AUTHORITIES.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/paypal-prepaid-mastercard/Select-StateProvince/Paypal-Prepaid-Mastercard-Paypal-Prepaid-Mastercard-Steals-from-Innocent-Consumers-Naples-1078793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on paypal prepaid mastercard

PayPal Prepaid MasterCard

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - ()

We apologize for the problems you have experienced with getting your card approved and activated.

Like other financial companies, we are required by our bank, as well as MasterCard and Visa associations, to be compliant with AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) laws. Both laws require that all financial institutions verify the identity of each account holder.

We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this and request that you send your information to prepaid@paypal.com.

PayPal Prepaid MasterCard

Rebutal

AUTHOR: michelle - ()

I am sorry you must of not read my email CLEARLY.  I paid for the PREPAID VISA by CASH.  With that being said, I registered by mistake for my mom as a gift card.   It turned into a hassle so I said I paid for the card please put into my name.  Well this opens the door of bullshit.  The agent wants info on my mother whom is elder and dementia.  So where along the line do you think buying a prepaid visa at your local CVS and your company gets cash that you have the RIGHT TO HOLD MY MONEY?????? This is confusing and I don't understand.  You took my cash and your holding it!

It is simply a security

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

How did you pay for the card when you bought it? If it is not by cash, you are likely to lose the case -- buy a card with someone's credit/debit card but attempt to register the card to another name. You are thinking in term of your own situation, but you forget about what exploitability under the same situation. PayPal attempts to eliminate exploitation from the situation by prohibiting it at all course. A prepaid card does not have the SAME protection/rights as a debit card.

What you may need to do is to return the card and ask for the refund. Sorry to hear your situation, but you can't simply blame PayPal from preventing this. However, I would agree that PayPal should return the money to the original buyer/purchaser much faster than their existing policies.