Complaint Review: paypal

• Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By: multifunkshun — san diego California United States of America
paypal
Nationwide United States of America

paypal I sold something on ebay (paypal is owed by ebay) for 300.00 and I asked for a check. they sent me a check without my name on it. Its been a month and a half and still no money. internet, Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Flaky seller

*Consumer Comment: Could've done this:

*Consumer Comment: You should've

I sold an item on ebay.  First paypal puts a 21 day hold for no reason. Then I ask for a check for my 300.00. They send me a check with my screen name on it. No where does it have my name. Cant cash it. So I call them and they say, throw that check away and will send you another. 3 weeks goes by 4 weeks goes by, finally I call them and they say they show that I cashed the 2nd check and its a done deal! They never even sent the 2nd check. I finally instisted on a superviser to call back . He finally did. All he could say is  that 10 to 14 bus days until they could cancell the 2nd check they never sent and put the money back in my account and write me another check! Its been 45 days and still no money! They have totally burned me for 300.00 bucks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2011 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/paypal/nationwide/paypal-I-sold-something-on-ebay-paypal-is-owed-by-ebay-for-30000-and-I-asked-for-a-che-775538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on paypal

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Flaky seller

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

Paypal put the hold on your funds because there was some reason to suspect that your sale was not on the up-and-up.  You didn't say what you sold or for how much, but Paypal waited until the buyer was satisfied before releasing the funds to you.

Why did you want a paper check?  I always use the electronic transfer to get my funds from Paypal and have never had a problem.  Of course, that means you have to actually have a checking account.

Could've done this:

AUTHOR: Lawrence - (USA)

I would have signed the back of it and deposited into my account like it was a third party check. But, too late now.

You should've

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

just tried to cash the first check.