Complaint Review: paypal

• Updated: Wed, April 27, 2011

• Reported By: Christi — Nevada United States of America
paypal
san jose, California United States of America

paypal netspend PayPal KEEPING MY $750 by "limiting" my access. Linked Netspend account to blame? san jose, California

When I tried to add my Netspend credit card ACH information to my existing Paypal account exactly the way the Netspend website says to, Paypal locked my account. (with $750 of MY money in it for ebay items I have already mailed to my buyers)
That was Paypal's bad but, the reason I am faulting Netspend for this is because Paypal is so prominently displayed on their
website for funding options. The following letter from Paypal's account review department says why this should not be:

"As a security measure for PayPal customers, we randomly verify account information.
During a recent review of your account it was determined that the bank account you have listed is actually a prepaid or stored value credit card. Stored value or prepaid credit cards can only be used through PayPal as a credit card and cannot be added to PayPal as a bank account.

Therefore the card that you added as a bank account has been removed."

Netspend's website contains explicit instructions on how to set the funded card account up to look like a checking account to Paypal so that ACH transfers can take place. Of course you can only "deposit" money with this mechanism and not "withdraw" it.

After attempting this, all the money I had in my Paypal account is frozen (750+ dollars) for over
three weeks. Paypal claims it was "suspicious activity".They will not mail me a check or let me withdraw my OWN money for things I sold and have mailed away to buyers (antique Bibles no less)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2011 12:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/paypal/san-jose-California-/paypal-netspend-PayPal-KEEPING-MY-750-by-limiting-my-access-Linked-Netspend-account-to-722511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on paypal