Complaint Review: PayPower Visa

• Reported By: Linette Knight — Eastpointe Michigan
PayPower Visa
P.O Box 17837 Reno, Nevada USA

PayPower Visa Blocked my account Reno Nevada

*Consumer Comment: The IRS has a problem depositng funds to ANY financial instrument that doesn't have the same name(s) as the tax filing.

*Consumer Comment: MEEE TOOO

I did my income taxes through TaxAct this year and opted for the prepaid Visa instead of the paper check. I recieved the card on 1/30/2014, activated it and set up my password. The IRS informed my that my refund would be on the card no later then 2/12/2014, but when I checked it today 2/10/2014 the automatic service said that my money was there. So I went to the ATM and withdrew 20.00 with no problem, but when I went to make a purchase not even 5 mins later, I was told my card was declined. I've tried calling the 800 number at least 20 times in a 10 min period, and each time after putting in the information they asked for, it keeps saying that the phone number was invaild or incorrect. So I proceeded to check on the website only to be told that there was a block on my account. This is not acceptable and it will not be tolerated. Before I knew this was goning to happen, I set up direct deposit with my payroll checks, so now I'm scared that I wouldn't be able to access any of my money. This there anyway possible to get this handled before I get the BBB involved?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPower-Visa/Reno-Nevada-89511/PayPower-Visa-Blocked-my-account-Reno-Nevada-1122565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPower Visa

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

That includes filing jointly with a single name on the account.  Is that what happened here?

MEEE TOOO

AUTHOR: Robispissed - ()

I feel your pain. I am experiencing the same issues. I've been using paypower visa for about 6 months now and never had an issue. I paid my phone bill this morning with no problem.

I went to an auto store this evening and my card was declined numerous times. It was embarrassing when I knew I had money in my account.

I got home and checked my balance online to see that it was correct, and it was. But when I called the customer service line to find out why my card was declined it told me my info was wrong and my phone number or zip didnt match my card. Then while waiting for a customer service rep the automated voice said "call back" and hung up on me.

I am highly pissed off. I have funds on my card that are inaccessible, as well as a large sum scheduled to be direct deposited tomorrow from work.

I'm hoping this is a technical issue and that it will be resolved. There will be a lawsuit if they mess with my money.