Complaint Review: PC Care 247

• Updated: Sat, April 09, 2011

• Reported By: Abigail — Eustis Florida United States of America
PC Care 247
, Select State/Province India

PC Care 247 deceptive, inducing fear, threating doom, destruction, urgency, railroading, rapid speech, no time to think India

I was trying to install McAfee on my computer and couldn't use my password, so I first emailed them, then called them with a number I got from Google.

A man came on and said my problem was so severe it had to go to a special division of McAfee, "Level 3 Technicians".  He added that it was so bad, Office Depot or the Geek Squad couldn't fix it.  Not even buying a new computer would fix it, BUT he could fix it.  He ran screens on my computer showing that I had 80 programs running even as we spoke.  He showed me lists that "proved" 4 foreign countries and 7 states had people using my signal as we spoke.

He talked so fast, I couldn't think.  He said I could take out this special protection for 2 years for $400.00 or 5 years for $500.  I think I was in panic mode and I was rapidly calculating other options.
He was very insistent and really scared me and convinced me of all sorts of impending dangers.

Because I had called the McAfee number I had gotten from Google, I thought I was dealing with a reputable company, so, dumb me, I said OK.

Now our computer is unusable and we have spent HOURS of 4 of the last 5 days sitting in front of it talking to India.  I am physically sick.

I am praying that my credit card can help me with this scam.  As a retired school teacher, I cannot afford a mistake like this.  Caveat Emptor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2011 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Care-247/-Select-StateProvince-/PC-Care-247-deceptive-inducing-fear-threating-doom-destruction-urgency-railroading-715815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Care 247