occurring

• Updated: Thu, June 02, 2011

• Reported By: Alberta, Canada — Anonymous Alberta Canada
pc care 247

pc care 247 Bullying, Scare Tactics, Unreliable, Scam Artists Internet

When I first contacted PC Care 247 I thought I was talking to Dell support as this company came up when I Goggled Dell Support.  I had a question regarding a pop up. The person on the phone spoke extremely poor English and I had to have him repeat every thing several times.  As he was able to take control of my computer I was sure that I was talking to a person at Dell. I went into my computer and looked at a few screens and told me my computer was in great danger and if I did not get a new virus program immediately, my computer would crash. So I agreed. Cost was $299.00.  A technician  was suppose to come on line but was unavailable. I had to go out, so I arranged a time for him to call.  In the mean time I felt I had been scammed. I phoned a different Dell support number. This person told me there was nothing wrong with my computer. The technician did not call back when arranged. I called my credit card company and there was no charge so I assumed ( bad mistake) that because I had not talked to the technician and had the program installed, there was no charge.  I  then went on vacation. When I got back there was a number to call for pc care  but I did not want the service so I did not call back. However, when I got my Credit card bill there was  the charge. I have been fighting to get my money back as I feel I did not get the service I paid for. In the last call I feel like I was black mailed as I was told all they could refund was $149.00. I was to agree to that or I would get nothing. Some choice. I have insisted that I want all my money refunded. Do not deal with this company. They are high pressure sales and use scare tactics to sell you things you do not need. I feel that this misrepresented themselves as Dell support. To me, they can not be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2011 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pc-care-247/internet/pc-care-247-Bullying-Scare-Tactics-Unreliable-Scam-Artists-Internet-736235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pc care 247