Complaint Review: pc care 2/47

• Submitted: Sun, May 01, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, May 01, 2011

• Reported By: Joseph — Wikieup Arizona United States of America
pc care 2/47

pc care 2/47 Misleading, time consuming, ineffective, expensive and a rip off internet

My computer was infected when I accidentally logged into a fraudulent wifi hot spot. Whatever it was completely ate up the entire cpu usage, and I couldn't do a thing. A restore didn't help.

I originally was led to believe by internet advertising that these people were original dell support.

After being talked into spending $300 for three years support, and being assured they could fix the problem, I went ahead with it.

Naturally, I ended up trying to communicate with someone in India who had awful English skills.

He ran all kinds of free maleware and spyware programs remotely on my computer. The cpu usage was still almost out of this world. It appears to be he got it lowered by turning off almost all programs and processes, thus leaving the computer virtually unresponsive.

After having them work on it for almost three days, I have given up, and am convinced that they cannot do what they promised. I'm also tired of the time spent on the phone trying to understand them.

I can barely get on line, and when I do, you can forget any gaming whatsoever. My computer is not much more than a paperweight to me at this time, and I have decided to just purchase a new one.

I don't think there is anything anyone can do to fix it after they have worked on it.

Very large warning, stay away from these guys!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2011 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pc-care-247/internet/pc-care-247-Misleading-time-consuming-ineffective-expensive-and-a-rip-off-internet-724284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pc care 2/47