Complaint Review: pc cleaner pro

pccleanerpro.com Internet United States of America

pc cleaner pro safecart PC Cleaner Pro is a scam Internet

*Author of original report: PC Cleaner - Safecart

*UPDATE Employee: SafeCart Charge

PC Cleaner Pro is a scam, or worse. I fell for it, especially the part about having to call a number to have the software 'activated'. A nice chap in the far east took remote charge of my system to install the 'activation program", which I now suspect also altered a few key registry items. He then did a strong sales job by showing me all the alleged crap infesting my machine, and offered 'Microsoft approved service' for amounts ranging from $100 to $300 annually. I smelled a rat, and declined. However, my system has been working worse since then, and I have taken a month to find and correct some strange problems. I'll just bet if I had called back, for only $100 or so some bright support guy
could have miraculously fixed the problems in no time (because he would know where the bugs were planted).

In addition, I paid for the product through PayPal, and did not immediately notice that the transaction was routed to another company called SafeCart,  so when I received my Paypal invoice I noticed I had been automatically subscribed to a 'service' which would renew annually at the same price unless I unsubscribed. But I could not do so, even by following their instructions. Fortunately, I found, in an obscure place, a contact number for SafeCart, and they immediately refunded my payment. I believe they know they are complicit in this fraud and very quickly offer money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pc-cleaner-pro/internet/pc-cleaner-pro-safecart-PC-Cleaner-Pro-is-a-scam-Internet-1036761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pc cleaner pro

PC Cleaner - Safecart

AUTHOR: porthome - ()

It is still not clear to me why the PC Cleaner software organization, under the guise of initiating a Paypal payment transaction, routes it instead through SafeCart - who add an unwanted, unauthorized, and potentially expensive service - which you must opt out of if you can figure out how - before creating a PayPal transaction. Even if SafeCart is a reputable company, the process is deceptive and dishonest.  PC Cleaner is offering a useless, possibly fraudulent service, and SafeCart is complicit in the process.

SafeCart Charge

AUTHOR: CustomerSupport - ()

Hello,

SafeCart is one of the Internet's leading payment processing services. We are sorry to hear of any problems you have encountered with your transaction/purchase, and please understand that we do take your complaint seriously. In regards to your complaint, please contact us at SafeCart, and we will be more than happy to assist you. You can reach our customer service at 1-855-432-0727 (M-F 6am to 5pm PST) or through email at customerservice@safecart.com.

Warm regards,