Complaint Review: PC Drivers Headquarters

• Updated: Tue, April 29, 2014

• Reported By: Fed Up — Port Orange Florida
PC Drivers Headquarters
9433 FM 2244, Bldg 1, Suite 250 Dallas, Texas USA

PC Drivers Headquarters Said they sold me drivers for my Toshiba ($39.90) and then was forwarded to Avangate to install these drivers ($169.00). Drivers did not work, and drivers that did work, were uninstalled. E.g., Driver removed for my CD/DVD player installed in my laptop. Dallas Texas

My Toshiba laptop was not working properly.  Did diagnostics to find that several drivers needed to be updated.  Found PC Drivers online.  Ordered their repair for $39.90 on 2/4/14.  I was then forwarded to Avangate (1.877-958-7560, on 2/4/14) and had a representative install the drivers and fix some administrative files.  I had given permission for the representative to do this online, as I could watch him moving files around from my end.  (This cost $169.00 for a 1 time fix).

My CD-ROM (inside my laptop) had previously been working fine.  I did a "Fix-It" through Microsoft today to discover that there is no CD-ROM drive, and there was 8 outdated drivers.  When I told the Chat Rep. at Microsoft, she said it was a driver problem and I should get in touch with Toshiba (and probably have to purchase new drivers).

If PC Drivers Headquarters sold me drivers for my laptop, why now am I being told that the drivers were not updated?  This was a complete fraud.  Although I agreed with the tech from PC Drivers to be forwarded to Avangate to have them installed, I was apprehensive because I had never done this before, and am not an Administrator, just a regular user.

I am livid! I now have a CD-ROM that does not work when I need it for my job.

I would have prefered getting the drivers sent to me so I had them at hand and could probably have installed them myself.

Avoid PC Drivers at all cost!  They are nothing more than scam artists who trick you into spending more money to have drivers installed only to find they werent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Drivers-Headquarters/Dallas-Texas-78733/PC-Drivers-Headquarters-Said-they-sold-me-drivers-for-my-Toshiba-3990-and-then-was-fo-1142693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Drivers Headquarters