Complaint Review: PCBoost LLC

• Updated: Fri, October 04, 2013

• Reported By: clanderson — columbus Nebraska
26429 Rancho Parkway South, Suite 110 Lake Forest, California USA

PCBoost LLC Portatech criminalistic business practices Lake Forest California

I ordered PC in August which came defective; obviously a hardware issue. I tried to troubleshoot, and the tech's suggestion was to try a different mouse - yes, a different mouse. He gave several other terrible suggestions, which I played along with, until I finally said "I'd like an exchange".

I carefully printed out and stapled together what I wanted instead of this faulty PC, filled out their very crude RMA form, and paid a non-reimbursable $48.00 for return shipping. I received my replacement 10 days later - but this "replacement" was the same PC I sent in.

I called up Portatech and spoke to the same woman I did the first time - her response: "All I can do is apologize". Repressing tons of understandably built up steam, I told her what a business in her situation SHOULD do. I then let her know how Portatech was representing itself as a professional business and how I would like to just get this corrected and forever conclude my business with them.

I am now awaiting the replacement of the replacement of the faulty PC, paying a total of $100 shipping (although she said $50 would be reimbursed), and expecting to wait another 1-2 weeks for arrival. So far, this has been over a month of fuss and extreme unprofessionalism, while my customer is without the new PC I promised them twice. I gave Portatech the benefit of the doubt twice - first when reading negative reviews online, and second with the replacement of the faulty PC - and I got burned for it. Bad decision making on my part; it will not happen again.

Stay away from Portatech.

Edit: I had to call them several times with futile negotiations, finally talking to the manager/owner who was, although much more polite and knowledgeable, not much more help than the people who wouldn't return my phone calls. When I brought up all of their negative reviews, his response was that people sure "like to flame" them.

I bet that's it. It couldn't possibly be their criminalistic business practices.

Edit #2: I called them today, Wednesday, October 4th, to get an update on my replacement that I've waited another week for. I was informed that they "have decided to refund" me. I persisted and asked why I waited a week without being notified of any refund. They just repeated that they "have decided to refund" me. I then spoke to owner who put on his usual faux-cheery customer service mask and was no more helpful than the knowledgeless front desk lady. They refused to give me an answer to why they refunded me, or why they let me wait a week for me to call THEM - unbelievable! I had the cardholder, who is my mother, call them back, and the owner lied right to her about my actions. I couldn't believe it. I listened to the whole call while he vomitted out one lie after another. Someday (hopefully soon) this "business" will surely get what it deserves. Please, I really beg you, don't give these people your money!

Clay from Columbus, NE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2013 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCBoost-LLC/Lake-Forest-California-92630/PCBoost-LLC-Portatech-criminalistic-business-practices-Lake-Forest-California-1089457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCBoost LLC