Complaint Review: pccare247.com

• Updated: Sat, September 24, 2011

• Reported By: Pauline — Delta British Columbia Canada
pccare247.com
1225 franklin st.garden city new york Internet United States of America

pccare247.com THOUGHT I WAS CALLING MCAFFEE NUMBER BUT ENDED UP WITH PCCARE 247 AND BIG CHARGE ON MYCC gurgaon, Internet

Sept15, I  found my virus protection from McAffe was not working I went to the customer support page on McAffee and tried to click on the tech support , somehow because that would not work I was redirected to a phone number which I called .
 I thought I was with tech support from McAffee and a have since found out that McAffee does not use this company so how did I end up with 247 pccare? I was not having any computer problems other than my virus program not working and now I have paid this company $499. on credit card which I cannot afford for a protection plan that I feel I was pressured into because I had someone on my computer showing me that I had a trojan hacking on my system.
 I guess I am pretty gullible and not very knowledgeable about these things but I also thought I was with someone from McAffee so I was deceived,I guess I should have cut things off there and done a little research but this guy was pretty convincing at the time and it felt rather urgent so I consented to pay the price , now it is not feeling right to me, I think some how this was a setup & I was targeted with something that I did not need and I allowed this organization full access to both of my computers because I thought that I was with the tech people from McAffee .
     So  how did I get 247 pccare when I thought I was with McAffe and why do I need a $499. 2year  protection plan from a company that I feel misled me and possibly created the problem in the first place.
 This is an edited version of one of the emails that I sent to pccare, also sent a number of en queries to McAffee ,they claim to know nothing about this company but I suspect they know lots from all the complaints that I see here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2011 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pccare247com/internet/pccare247com-THOUGHT-I-WAS-CALLING-MCAFFEE-NUMBER-BUT-ENDED-UP-WITH-PCCARE-247-AND-BIG-C-780965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pccare247.com