Complaint Review: Peak Kia Littleton Colorado

• Updated: Thu, March 06, 2014

• Reported By: Peak Kia Sucks — Littleton Colorado
Peak Kia Littleton Colorado
5077 S. Wadsworth, Littleton, CO 80123 Littleton, Colorado USA

Peak Kia Littleton Colorado Peakkia Hard Credit Pulls Without Permissible Purpose, FCRA violations Littleton Colorado

*Author of original report: Thank you re FCRA thoughts re Peak Kia

*Consumer Comment: If you quote the law why not use the law?

Do not use Peak Kia for financing as they will destroy your credit.  They are rude and derogartory toward individuals with children and "bad credit."

Peak Kia continually pulls hard credit inquiries from all three bureaus without a permissible purpose.  I applied on one occasion on February 23, 2014.  Since then, their sales representative Nolan Chappelle told me to apply again on the 27th, another hard credit inquiry.  Fico drops 30 points.  Then, on March 3, Peak Kia again pulled my credit without any application or permission, and after expressly notifying them to stop pulling my credit.

I attempted to discuss the issue with various individuals who were quite rude and dismissive.  I was told. "what do you care, you have bad credit."  I was told the inquiries would be removed.  But they were not.

The sad thing is I have purchased a car from Peak Kia previously and yet I am treated like garbage.

I will be filing a complaint with the CFPB.gov for the impermissible pull on March 3, 2014, and have maintained hard copies of my credit files.  I will be filing complaints with every consumer outlet available, including the State Attorney General of Colorado.

I will tell everyone I know to avoid Peak Kia.  I gave Peak Kia every opportunity to resolve the matter, however, they have chosen to be abrasive and flaunt the law spelled out in the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

If you are in a similar situation, respond to this thread and perhaps a Class Action against Peak Kia is in order.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2014 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peak-Kia-Littleton-Colorado/Littleton-Colorado-80123/Peak-Kia-Littleton-Colorado-Peakkia-Hard-Credit-Pulls-Without-Permissible-Purpose-FCRA-v-1128836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peak Kia Littleton Colorado

Thank you re FCRA thoughts re Peak Kia

AUTHOR: Peak Kia Sucks - ()

I am very familiar with the FCRA.  I have filed numerous suits and won.  I have never lost in arbitration either.  Therefore, my credit report is spotless.  Hence, the hard inquiries have hit me hard.

I understand the process of disputing with the Credit Reporting Agencies, but that would require 9 disputes.  Therefore, I am attempting to work with Peak Kia to correct it, before I waste countless hours disputing, waiting, etc, while they can simply submit an AUD form and remove them.

But, I will keep this blog open as to the resolution Peak Kia offers, if any, then my follow through and FCRA lawsuit.  I usually find my complaint with the CFPB.gov sufficient to cure the problem, since they do not mess around.  They would love to have a first fine since they now govern the CRAs and reporting businesses.

If you quote the law why not use the law?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

You basically are trying to quote the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  Where yes a company must have a permissible purpose.

However, in order to claim violations of the FCRA you must dispute the listing on your credit report.  Based on everything you have written not only have failed to do that, you apparently don't intend to do that.  So you have not given them every opportunity to correct the mistake.

Now, if your dispute fails then you can use the FCRA and sue them.  If you prevail you are entitled to $1000 per violation in Statutory Damages.  You can do this in Small Claims Court, but it would be advisable for you to at least consult an attorney.

But now let me give you the flip side.  They do apparently have you with 2 approvals for a Credit Check.  If the authorization you signed in any way gives them an open period of time or number of attempts, then you will fail in your dispute.

Also, just to let you know, while it may not be what you want to hear.  But if you have bad credit, extra inquiries are NOT going to be the reason you are declined.  It is your previous issues that caused your bad credit and until you fix those previous issues even if you had no inquiries or 50 you would be declined.