Complaint Review: Peak Life

• Updated: Tue, August 05, 2014

• Reported By: Brun — Absarokee Montana
Peak Life
24 School St. Ste 301 Boston, Massachusetts USA

Peak Life has a sneaky way to get your credit card information and send you more porduct and charge you for it without you being aware you agreed to it. Boston Massachusetts

I recieved an email from Peak Life in early May of 2014 offer a free samle of the sleep aid Somnapure.  The message stated that all I needed to do was pay the shipping of #2.99.  I had it sent to my sister who has had a long standing sleep problem.  She got it and tried it and found it of no help.  Shortly after she was hospitalized for several weeks. Upon her return she discovered two more bottles of the product had arrived.

She notified me of this at which time I check my credit are bill and found I had been charged $34.95 for each bottle. I contacted Peak Life telling them I had not ordered anything except the "free" sample.  I was told that when I ordered the sample the "terms and conditions" clearly stated that I would begin receiving one bottle per month unless I cancelled within 18 days.

I went back to the web site and sure enough this was stated in what is literally fine print, so small it was hard for me to read.  My sister is quite certain there was nothing in the package with the sample indicating ne need to cancel in order to avoid getting more product.

Peack did agree to refund me $29.99 for the most recent bottle but informed me that I was over the 30 day return time which wa also mentioned in the terms and conditions.  They were totally unsympathetic to the circumstances of my sister being hospitalized and the product going to her rather than to me.  I was told that they "could not" refund me anything on the first bottle.

I understand that what they have done is "legal" and that I was remiss in not noticing that there were terms and conditions but I feel they went to some effort not to make their policies more apparent.  The free sample should have had a clear message attached indicating the need to cancel within 18 days.  I read of nearly 200 complaints similar to mine on another complaint site (Pisssed Customer).  Some of the complaints stated the product was not good, the sleep aid may work for some people but did nothing for my sister.
I challened the charge with Discover Card and filed a complaint with the Montana Consumer Protection Sevice but fear the Peak will hold fast to their defendable legal position.  I doubt this cmplaint will help but it may alert someone else to the way this company works to get your credit card information.  I am a bit surprised that Peak is not listed as one of the companies with complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peak-Life/Boston-Massachusetts-02108/Peak-Life-has-a-sneaky-way-to-get-your-credit-card-information-and-send-you-more-porduct-1167616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peak Life