Last night I was relaxing at home, about to eat two of these tamales I had heated up in my microwave. It was the first time (and last!) I had bought these, which I found at Walmart in Carrollton a few days ago. The package boasts, "These may well be the best tamales you have ever eaten!". And their website elaborates on how 'high quality' their products are, 'the freshest of ingredients'.
I unraveled and ate my first tamale. Not bad, but definitely not the best I've ever eaten. That was okay, I wasn't expecting them to be anyway. I then unraveled my second tamale, took a bite, swallowed, and was holding it up for my second bite.
Then my eyes focused together on a hair. I thought, 'That's weird, I just unraveled it and already got a hair on it?' But my hair is not short nor black. I have a black cat, but I examined the hair and realized it was course and wavy and looked like a pubic hair. It did not look like mine, plus I live alone and clean my bathroom often.
The real confirmation that the pube got caught in the masa mix and was packaged and sent off to Walmart, was that I tried to pick it off and it stayed put. Half of it was enmeshed with the masa, even after I had heated it up (still wrapped)!
To think that someone somehow mixed a pube with the masa mix, really makes me wonder what true hygiene measures are taken? Did this person even wash their hands before they started mixing? This is no quality tamale.
I examined the rest in the dozen package, breaking each into chunks and disposing down my sink's garbage disposal. I did not find another pube, but you can understand there was no way I would ever eat a Pedro's tamale again!!
For the record, I checked the official Better Business Bureau website, bbb.org, and Pedro's is listed as a better business, with no complaints reported to the BBB in the last three years. That certainly does not disqualify my valid complaint. I guess I will be the first to report to bbb.org this matter. Wouldn't you??
I just first wanted to warn you ripoffreport.com / badbusinessbureau.com advocates to be careful if you eat from Pedro's because this true story happened to me.