Complaint Review: Pekin Insurance

Pekin Insurance
2505 court street Pekin, Illinois United States of America

Pekin Insurance disgrunteled 18 year customer Pekin , Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Stay away from this company

I have been a customer of Pekin Insurance for 18 years plus. In the last couple of years some things have changed. I have had some claims (my kids that I had insured had accidents).

I also was divorced and one of the things my ex-wife got (among others) was the better credit rating. I have struggled to pay off the debt that I got in the divorce. So my rating has gone down. I have paid $23,490.00 to date in payments to Pekin and have had $16,778 in claims. They say that their loss rate is 72%, so what they have decided to do this renewal period is to raise my quarterly rate from $89.00 (full coverage 2004 silverado 2500hd) to $220.  I feel this is wrong when I personally have had minimal claims. Around $4000.00 in 18 years

I have also had several other policy s with them and probably paid them closer to $45,000.00 in the last eighteen. This includes my house(s) which I have never had a claim..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2010 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pekin-Insurance/Pekin-Illinois-61558/Pekin-Insurance-disgrunteled-18-year-customer-Pekin-Illinois-555122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pekin Insurance

Stay away from this company

AUTHOR: tinwi - ()

We purchased Medigap policies from this company this year.  They have already raised the rates from 342 to 382 to 395 all in one year.  They claim to be able to raise as often as they want.   I have a complaint with my state's commissioner of Insurance pending.  I have never heard of insurance raising you more than once per year.  And we cannot change companies, we are STUCK with them since it is a Medigap policy