Complaint Review: Penn Credit Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2008

• Reported By:Winston-Salem North Carolina
Penn Credit Corporation
916 S. 14th Street Harrisburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Penn Credit Corporation Trying to collect from someone I've never heard of Harrisburg Pennsylvania

I recently got a new cell phone number. Within 24 hours, I started receiving recorded messages for I assume whoever used to have the number, trying to collect a debt. I called Penn Credit twice to tell them to stop calling, I'm not that person and have never heard of her. They didn't believe me and continued calling. They have now called me 9 times in the last 15 days. The person I talked to there yesterday started yelling at me to pay them the $30. I kept telling him I am not that person and he's now yelling that I'm not listening to him. Duh. I don't think he's listening to me since I keep telling him I'm not who they are looking for and this is not that persons number anymore. Aren't they supposed to stop calling you if you tell them not to? Besides, it isn't even me they're looking for but they're sitting there calling me a liar, apparently convinced I'm really it is they so desperately are trying to get $30 out of.

I finally hung up on him and filed a complaint with the FTC then e-mailed Penn Credit a copy of the complaint. I don't know how to convince them they have the wrong number. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm

Winston-Salem, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2008 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Credit-Corporation/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17104/Penn-Credit-Corporation-Trying-to-collect-from-someone-Ive-never-heard-of-Harrisburg-Penn-308195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Credit Corporation