Complaint Review: Pennsbury Rent-A-Car

• Submitted: Wed, April 19, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, April 19, 2000

• Reported By:Levittown PA
Pennsbury Rent-A-Car
Pennsbury Plaza Morrisville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Pennsbury Rent-A-Car milage rip-off

I rent a car from them on 12/30/99 for a week. My son want to go to Atlantic City on New Year's Eve and my car was in the shop. So my son, who lives in Trenton, NJ took the car home and to Atlantic City the next day.

I got the car on Sunday Night. I live in Levittown, PA, which is 15 minutes away from Trenton, NJ were I work and that is as far as the car traveled. I took it to work and back home until Friday evening.

Now at the time of the rental I did not check the mileage, but you are given 500 miles free for the week. In no way did I use 500 miles. They claimed I use 835 miles. So they charge me for 335 miles. No from Trenton to Atlantic city is about 50 - 100 miles if that. It's about maybe 100 miles from my house in Levittown, PA to Trenton. So in all I know I only use about 200 miles maybe less. I think they ripped me off by putting the wrong mileage down and being that I did check the mileage when I got the car, they took advantage of that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pennsbury-Rent-A-Car/Morrisville-Pennsylvania-19067/Pennsbury-Rent-A-Car-milage-rip-off-2102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pennsbury Rent-A-Car