brick

• Updated: Fri, February 21, 2014

• Reported By: Chelios — Reading Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Gas and Electric
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania USA

Pennsylvania Gas and Electric Ridiculous rates and bad customer service Harrisburg Pennsylvania

For the second time I received the second largest electric bill I ever received. I contacted Met Ed they have a phone service like PGE were you can leave your phone number and you get a call back.Its never taken more than a half hour for Met Ed to call me back and they always do. I have left my number with PGE for three days 3 differant times no call back.

So the lady with Met Ed told me the reason it was so high is PGE was charging me 29.22 a kilowatt hour.Ive neverheard of a rate that high [redicuolous] she thought so to. About 2 winters ago I ran 2 electric heaters and my bill was still half of what it is now. Dropped PGE and went to papowerswitch.com.

Know they want to blame the weather but theres other providers offering electric at rates as low as 7.99 all these other providers offering lower rates somehow arent affected by snow. Maybe corporate limos need new snow tires who knows.

After I get it all straigened out with Met Ed I turn on the local news and theres a story about a large volume of complaints about high electric bills to the Public Utility commision. They said the high bill complaints were about one company in particular PGE Ill bet theres more to come about this story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pennsylvania-Gas-and-Electric/-Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17112/Pennsylvania-Gas-and-Electric-Ridiculous-rates-and-bad-customer-service-Harrisburg-Penns-1125463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pennsylvania Gas and Electric