Complaint Review: peoplefinders

• Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: William — Indianapolis Indiana United States of America
peoplefinders
1821 Q Street Sacramento, California United States of America

peoplefinders hidden recurring membership plus lots of information on other people given Sacramento, California

I used this company for a background check. They gave information that there was criminal background on this person so I went on and paid for full background check. Turned out they gave me lots of information on other people with similar names in similar geographical areas, then I have to sift through it all and determine on my own who is who.

Basically it is simply an informational dump/overload plug-n-play program they use.

But, I got what I needed even though extra work on my end.

Worst part is a month later I get charged $24.95 by them and I go online to check it out and they signed me up for a recurring monthly membership without my knowledge. I am sure they had it hidden in some long "read this" thing I clicked on as all websites have them. But this was totally deceptive.

To make it worse, when you log in to cancel they have this statement telling you to check the "NO" box below. But at the question to dropout, "NO" actually means you don't want to cancel. Looks like another way to retain your membership for one more month to me.

Bottom line, you can call them but nice recording saying the wait time is forever as they are busy (way to get you off the phone). This company is a scam and should be avoided at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2011 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/peoplefinders/Sacramento-California-95811/peoplefinders-hidden-recurring-membership-plus-lots-of-information-on-other-people-given-684358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on peoplefinders