Complaint Review: peoplelookup.com

• Updated: Fri, January 28, 2011

• Reported By: Tomo — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
peoplelookup.com
500-108th th av ne #1660 Bellevue, Washington United States of America

peoplelookup.com Intelius Charged for a monthly subscription I did not ask for Bellevue, Washington

*UPDATE Employee: Intelius

*UPDATE Employee: Intelius

I ordered one $7 report to find and old high school friend in June. In October I got an email saying that I had additional lookups that I could use. In January I got another one, and read it more closely.

It mentioned that my credit card would be charged. Did it mean if I used the service, or was it charging whether I used it or not. I logged in an found that they had been charging me $19.95 a month ever since June! I am sure that I did not sign up for this.

I canceled my account on line, then I called 866-974-6185. After several minutes of waiting, I talked to a friendly person, who finally agreed to reverse a month of charges, but no more than that. She sent me a copy of the screen that I theoretically clicked on, but I am sure that I would not have done that.

I think their screen is designed to confuse you into selecting a subscription. They said that they have been sending me two emails a month, but I can not find them. (Did they design them to get blocked by spam filters?) They said that the charges were clearly indicated, but I missed them. I should have been smart enough to see them in my credit card bill.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2011 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/peoplelookupcom/Bellevue-Washington-/peoplelookupcom-Intelius-Charged-for-a-monthly-subscription-I-did-not-ask-for-Bellevue-W-686194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on peoplelookup.com

Intelius

AUTHOR: Intelius_Customer_Support - (USA)

If you still need assistance, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm.&nbspWe will be more than happy to assist you.

Intelius

AUTHOR: Intelius_Customer_Support - (USA)

If you still require assistance, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm.&nbspWe will be more than happy to assist you.