Complaint Review: peoplepc

• Updated: Fri, May 10, 2013

• Reported By: MelanyVE — Hampton Iowa
peoplepc
1375 Peachtree St., Level A Atlanta, Georgia USA

peoplepc Still expect me to pay for a service I haven't used for years Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Similar issue

I stopped using and cancelled their service at least 5 years ago when I switched my internet provider to mediacom cable.  They continued to take money from my checking account, even though I no longer used their services.  I thought it was a bank charge as it wasn't a huge amount, and the name associated with the charge wasn't peoplepc or anything I would recognize, and the bank didn't know who it was either.

I stopped allowing that charge to be taken out of my account a few months ago as I couldn't see paying for something when I didn't know what it was and even my bank couldn't figure it out, and now I'm getting collection calls several times a day demanding payment for a service I don't even use!

I won't be recommending this service to anyone, and I certainly won't be using them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/peoplepc/Atlanta-Georgia-30309/peoplepc-Still-expect-me-to-pay-for-a-service-I-havent-used-for-years-Atlanta-Georgia-1049907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on peoplepc

Similar issue

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Dear Consumer

I have also had to deal with a ISP charging me after I had cancelled their services. Mine was AOL and they ended up charging me for a total of 2yrs before we caught it. When I called and explained that we had not even used AOL in over 2 years and their own login records would show 0 activity. It was explained to me that regardless of if I used the service the fee was for the access and use. So I ended up paying for 2 years for the ability to get online through AOL services. The only issue you may have is the fact that you may have signed up for automated billing for a certain period of time. Sometimes in order to get a discounted price you may have been required to sign a contract for a certain period of time.

Unfortunatly you really dont have much in the way of resolution on this. You can attempt to take PeoplePC to small claims court, but the contract you signed for service may only allow for third party arbitration. Your actual best bet is to just thank god that you caught it, and never do business with them again.