• Report: #1119895

Complaint Review: peoples trust insurance co

• Submitted: Fri, January 31, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: Margaret Dolan — Sebastian Florida
peoples trust insurance co
6001 broken soind pkwy. Boca Raton, Select State/Province USA

peoples trust insurance co Can't get a flood policy I paid for on 8/30/2013. All i get is l service. To date I am out $2000for a policy that cost $850.  It shouldn't take over 5months(to date) to do a business transaction. Peoples Trust is a SCAM.  Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Florida Insurance Consumer Helpline

paid for flood policy on August 30,2013 and have not received policy 5months later.they cancelled my policy in sept. for non payment. after rwo weeks of investigations they admitted they had not sent the payment to the flood ins co. finally got a policy 10/22but it was for 22,800,not 229,000 and no contents.. In dec/2013 fonally got the agent,Stacey Gardner to contact the flood ons co because my old policy was much cheaper. Found out L'm in a special flood zone and my city gives a flood hazard determination which reduces the cost. Faxed info to Stacey pn 12/9. Didn,t hear anything back so I called Stacey again. She told me I didn't fax theaperwork. I gave her the fax transmission number and she finally admitted she got it.I have been waiting for my policy over a month so I tried to call jer today and found out she is on an extended leave of absence, Today Suntrust Bank my mortgage holder bought a floodolicy for me for $1500. To date I'm put the $502to peoples trust plus the $1500from suntrust for a total of $2,000. My policy from last year was $850 and was for $245,000. My husband is a 72year old veteran who is totally disabled and jas parkinsons. I would have got better service from a roadsign.I still haven,t been able to speak with a sales supervisor although I have asked 4 times. I don't know what to do. I changed ins co because they said they could ave me money. To date they have ripped me off for$2000.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/peoples-trust-insurance-co/Boca-Raton-Select-StateProvince-33487/peoples-trust-insurance-co-Cant-get-a-flood-policy-I-paid-for-on-8302013-All-i-get-is-1119895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on peoples trust insurance co

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Florida Insurance Consumer Helpline

AUTHOR: Nothing But The Truth - ()

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue your currently having with People's Trust. I'd like to offer a potential course of action that I'd pursue if I were facing your situation. Please go to the following website and call or submit your complaint directly with the Florida State Insurance Commissioner's office which is at this website:

Their contact information is as follows:

Office of Insurance Regulation (Tallahassee)
Florida Financial Services Commission
Consumer Helpline: 1-877-693-5236
Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM Monday-Friday

Just provide the facts and details surrounding your issue with People's Trust and they will investigate this insurance company since they are liscensed to do business in the State of Florida. I hope this helps.....please keep us posted and let us know how this plays out for you. Keep the above informaton for future reference!

Sincerely,