Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Updated: Mon, February 24, 2014

• Reported By: DC in New York — commack New York
Pep Boys
Jericho Turpike, Commack NY 11725 commack, New York USA

Pep Boys Peps boys Automotive in COMMACK RIP off for Batteries Beware to buy a battery from them commack New York

*General Comment: Driving...

Went in for a simple battery

THey install for free great! who pays for it when it goes wrong?!

Left and paid after intall.

Day or 2 later car is cutting off all lights flashing, I said its the battery again.

Tried to go back to Pep boys when assistant manager didn't want to help he said well you can leave it here we are booked today maybe another day. Then proceeded to say it could be something else like electrical or Hold down which is a dealer part with  3 days to get.  I said I had a working car until I came here and you need to help me now.

Still insisting on the Hold down from managers' mouth.

I called tow truck as car didn't even start and got it to my mechanice.  Quess what! they damaged the battery cable wire and failed to say anything.

weeks later after that is fixed my car does not start.....DEFECTIVE BATTERY!

Go to my mechanic to replace battery and call pep boys, sorry they can't help it is under warranty and we have to check it out.

I do not want they to touch my car! they are idiots!

I lost time from work, paid money, and stuck with thier piece of s*** batterty.

Lesson learned don't go to pep boys.......they lie

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys-/commack-New-York-11725/Pep-Boys-Peps-boys-Automotive-in-COMMACK-RIP-off-for-Batteries-Beware-to-buy-a-battery-fr-1126148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys

#1 General Comment

Driving...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

First driving is a PRIVILAGE and NOT a right. If you were served a suspension then YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG. Secondly, it is STILL a state run agency and as such has a workload and a backlog. You are expecting IMMDIATE remedies but FAIL to acknowledge the heavy workload the agancy has. YOUR issue will be addressed WHEN they get to it and all the kicking and screaming and calling isnt going to FORCE them to assist you any faster. In fact you MAY be causing yourself even more of a headache by calling and pestering them.