• Report: #1020890

pep boys
1802 hempstead tkp. elmont, New York United States of America

pep boys Edwin Tamashar lied about work that needed to be done elmont, New York

. [continued below]....
....I went to pepboys 1802 hempstead tkp. on 2/26/2013 to get my 2002 astro van front end checked after it was checked by edwin tamashar he told me i need upper and lower ball joints tie rod end inner and outer.2 idler arms 2 front rotors front brakes wheel alignment.parts labor taxs $2438.66 .

i paid $21.99 for check up and took my van home to check it myself   i change my whole front end brakes and rotos in june 2012 so i know they were not telling me the truth   i had a fender bender and alignment was off  that why i went to pepboys and it was to cold to lay on the ground to check myself.

for $2438.66 i will check myself i found the 2 idler arms were bad from the fender bender brakes rotors were still look new.took to another shop they told me 2 idler arms were bad changed them charged me $400,00 and all is well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pep-boys/elmont-New-York-11003/pep-boys-Edwin-Tamashar-lied-about-work-that-needed-to-be-done-elmont-New-York-1020890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pep boys