Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 11, 2008

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
Pep Boys
1577 Gallatin Pike Madison, Tennessee U.S.A.

Pep Boys Excessive Wait, Over Charged, Unhelpful Employees Madison Tennessee

I arrived at Pep Boys at 1:55pm ( at least that is when they finally typed me into the computer and is the 'time in ' on my reciept). I was told that it would take one hour to put four new tires on my vehicle. I was told the price of the tires was $57.99 per tire.

After two hours I had to go looking for the man who quoted me one hour. At that point he informed me that they had not even begun to service my vehicle and they had lost all my paperwork. (Keep in mind there were only two vehicles in the shop at that time-they were not even busy.)

After about 30 min. a man came to tell me that they didn't have the tires they had originally sold me. I promptly got out of my chair and found the tires that he couldn't find.

One hour later (on my reciept the time out is stated as 5:29 pm) I was asked for my credit card. I was charged $355.33! Without asking me he had included a "Tire Protection Fee" that totaled $87.88! It charged me for things like valve stems and 'premium wheel balance'. I didn't ask for those things, nor did I need them, and I wasn't told I would be charged for them.

I would have protested right there, but at that point I was sure the guy was on drugs. I am talking to the corporate office.

John
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2008 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/Madison-Tennessee-37115/Pep-Boys-Excessive-Wait-Over-Charged-Unhelpful-Employees-Madison-Tennessee-307922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys