Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Reported By: Mark — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Pep Boys
390 Clairton blvd Pleasant Hills, Pennsylvania USA

Pep Boys tried to sell work that was not needed Pleasant Hills Pennsylvania

I blew out my left rear brake line on my truck so I took it to pep boys. I was given and estimate for @ $700.00 to replace the brake line, both rear wheel cylinders, all the rear brake hardware, the front calipers and front rotors. Althought it wasn't on my estimate the counter man also told me on my way out that I needed a master cylinder. This morning (the day after) I removed the rear wheels and looked at the rear brakes. They are fine. They should be as I have had everything from the backing plates out replaced 15 months ago.

They also told me they broke one of my brake bleeders and made no attempt to advise me they could try and use an easy out to remove the broken bleeder. They just wanted to sell me new stuff. I have been a.s.e certified in brakes and have worked for new car dealerships most of the last 35 years as a service writer and have managed a brake shop in Florida.

I think I kow a little bit about brakes but trying to sell me a bill of goods is unethical when it doesn't need most of the things recommended. Note: the $700 estimate I got did not even include the broken brake line that was on the estimate on the back of the repair order.(it wasnt on the estimate the man gave me at all). He didn't charge me checkout for the brake inspection. I may buy parts from Pep Boys but will never have service work done there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/Pleasant-Hills-Pennsylvania-15236/Pep-Boys-tried-to-sell-work-that-was-not-needed-Pleasant-Hills-Pennsylvania-1133428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys