Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Savannah Georgia
Pep Boys
8701 Abercorn St. Savannah, Georgia U.S.A.

Pep Boys Ridiculously Bad Service Savannah Georgia

I would rather smash my own fingers, one at a time, with a ball-peen hammer than take my car to this Pep Boys again. When my vehicle began starting slowly, idling roughly and the "Check Engine" light began glowing a few months back, I chose to take my car to this Pep Boys because I could, in theory, drop my car off on Friday night and get the work taken care of on the following Saturday with no appointment necessary. Well, it's now six weeks or so since that first visit. In that time, I've had to drop my car off two additional times because the problem was only temporarily fixed. Had I not been treated so poorly during the first three visits, there would soon be a fourth, because the problem still isn't fixed.

But I'd rather make an appointment elsewhere and pay more than deal with this Pep Boys again. Perhaps elsewhere, the mechanic won't throw a temper tantrum and refuse to work on my car (as occurred during my third visit). Perhaps elsewhere, the store manager won't refuse to refund any of the $470 I've spent to fix a problem that, as of today, still isn't fixed. Perhaps elsewhere, they'll either fix the problem or admit their inability to do so.

To recap: Other Pep Boys may very well be fine automotive establishments. This one is not. It's managed by a moron and at least one of the mechanics is missing chromosomes. Go somewhere else. Really. Anywhere else.

PS: Last week, an email detailing my circumstances was sent to Pep Boys customer service via their website. There has been no response yet. Thanks, Pep Boys. You suck.

Jeff
Savannah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/Savannah-Georgia-31406/Pep-Boys-Ridiculously-Bad-Service-Savannah-Georgia-381431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys