Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Reported By: BruisedPurple — Ventura California
Pep Boys
2705 E. Main St. Ventura, California USA

Pep Boys Misleading Advertising Ventura California

I went into this location with a coupon ( $19.99) that promised a free multipoint inspection and tire rotation. I was told by the manager that it would take an hour. My vehicle sat in the parking lot for over 30 minutes as I waited. The manager kept trying to sell me other parts ( engine filter, wipers) but I was in a hurry so I just asked for the service promised. Finally my vehicle was pulled into the garage, but the mechanic who was working on my car soon left it to work on another car. After another 30 minutes, I asked when my car would be finished. My vehicle was finally pulled out of the garage and parked. I asked why the tires had not been rotated, and I was told that they only rotate the tires every other oil change. I also never received any report on the multipoint inspection , which I expected would cover fluids, tires, and brakes. I Have the impression that the intention of Pep Boys oil changes is to sell customers other parts. If you don't buy extra parts, they delay service to work on other cars. I won't be going back there again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2013 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/Ventura-California-93001/Pep-Boys-Misleading-Advertising-Ventura-California-1090820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys