Complaint Review: pepboys auto

• Reported By: louvan74 — coosada Alabama
pepboys auto
1754 east main st prattville al prattville, Alabama United States of America

pepboys auto false advertising prattville , Alabama

I called to find out the final price on 4 tires, listed at 141.99 per tire. I was quoted 808.00. When i asked what that included it was allignment, road hazard and mount/balance. I didnt ask for an allignment or road hazard. They were also advertising these tires as buy 3 get 1 free. When i told the man i dont want an allignment he proceededto speak to me as if im stupid, telling me what an allignment is as well as informing me that the tires will wear incorectly without having this done. How does he know my vechile is out of allignment? He doesnt. Anyway i told him i know what that is and dont want it, he quoted me 779. Again i said that seems a bit much. At that point he told me that if i dont get the rd hazard i dont get the rebate. Without the rd hazard it was 707 out thedoor. So around 70 bucks to get 142 bucks back. I asked why i would want to pay 70 to getb142 back an he just told me thats how the mail in rebate works. I called corp, they said the same thing. They did asknif id like to file a formal complaint, which i did. I followed that with a complaint to the ftc, alabama consumer protection agancy and here. I will never do business with them!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2013 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pepboys-auto/prattville-Alabama-/pepboys-auto-false-advertising-prattville-Alabama-1042800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pepboys auto