Complaint Review: PepBoys Bear

• Reported By: Nathan — Bear Delaware
PepBoys Bear
Pulaski Hwy Bear, Delaware USA

PepBoys Bear Ripoff@ Pepboys Bear DE Bear Delaware

Upon seeing the "Check Engine" light showing and the "Cruise Control" light blinking, I called PepBoys at Bear DE and they asked me to have the Car towed as it may cause sever damage to my car if driven. On Sunday their Towing service took my car to them around 2pm but not hearing from them till 10am on Monady, I called them. I was told that they are diagnosing the problem and called me later that it requires Oil Change and a fuel service costing $89.99. I agreed to it. When I went to pick up the car I was invoiced $276.00 including $30.00 for Towing. They assured me that everything has been fixed and I shall see them next for an oil change....

TUesday, the check engine and crusie control lights came back and I called the, I was told that I may have hit an icy spot that cahnged the alignment and I was asked to bring the car back.... On friday they said they had no one to look at the car and gave me an appointment at 9am on Friday. When I went there they said that they had no record on my car except an oil cahnge, I asked for $276.00?

Then another Customer service Rep said that I do have a 9am appointment and shall get it checked. When the Mechanic came, he said that he had NOT checked for the "Engine light".... (They had mentioned it on the original Invoice on Monday)

After an hour they told me that I have to take the Car to the Delaership as Catalytic convertor may have to be replaced. Fortunately it was still under the 50,000 mile guarentee.

So much for PepBoys....$276.00 for an Oil change! What a rip off  and then again not looking at the real problems?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 05:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PepBoys-Bear/Bear-Delaware-19701/PepBoys-Bear-Ripoff-Pepboys-Bear-DE-Bear-Delaware-1123664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PepBoys Bear