Complaint Review: pepboys- colorado springs, co

• Submitted: Sun, November 13, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, November 14, 2011

• Reported By: ce ander — colorado springs Colorado United States of America
pepboys- colorado springs, co
135 N Academy Blvd Colorado Spgs, Colorado United States of America

pepboys- colorado springs, co tire warranty, alignment ripoff Colorado Spgs, Colorado

*Author of original report: pepboys tampered with my axle nuts

Warning to a potential customers of Pepboys tire and alignment shop else where. I had a tire shred its side wall and took the tire in for prorate warranty. As a subaru all four tires need to be replaced. Initially the clerk only prorated the one tire at $10 but the tire had 12k left on the warranty. After an hour of haggling I requested the manager display the computer read out of the warranty and it was $42 per tire! So I requested the warranty credit be applied to a new set of tires. Hears where the rip off occurs and why no one should ever get for tires or alignment at pepboys for this can only be standard operations. Contingent on get the credit the manager required that I must purchase the road hazard warranty and get an alignment done. The manager said there is the pepboys rebate along with a Hankook rebate. The out the door price quoted in writing was $405.+ I reluctantly agreed, big mistake! Pepboys first put on the tires and then did the alignment and discarded my old tires (store policy), then manager said my wheel bearing on front tire was blown and could not align the car, which was bs for the bearing was replaced 40k before. Because the new tires where put on first I could not just pay for the alignment and leave. The manager then wanted $350 for a wheel bearing!!! More bs for it was previously done for $100. So I paid $330 for tires and said I'll get my bearing done, and requested the rebate forms. The manager refused and said he gave such a "deal" he would not give the rebate, bs the "deal" was warranted tires. Then manger said said he would not warrant the tires at all, not for the road hazard or 100k Hankook warranty unless I did the alignment at his store. Now I have to do a $100 wheel bearing proving it was done, and an $70 alignment at an unscrupulous store and manager refuses to give the rebates. And all said and done I am stuck with a 100k tire warranted by a Sh*t company, where I could have gone to Discount tire for the same tire with same rebates which would have cost $350 otd - $145 rebates. Please head my experience and never shop at Pepboys!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2011 12:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pepboys-colorado-springs-co/Colorado-Spgs-Colorado-80920/pepboys-colorado-springs-co-tire-warranty-alignment-ripoff-Colorado-Spgs-Colorado-797467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pepboys- colorado springs, co

pepboys tampered with my axle nuts

AUTHOR: ce ander - (United States of America)

update of pepboys service. After dealing with pepbys scam claiming they could not do an alignment claiming there was a bad wheel bearing, and therefore would not warranty my tire purchase. I rechecked all of their work and found my front axle nuts were un-staked and loosed, so much so I could loosen them with my bare hands! I tightened them down and staked the nuts. I will be filling a formal complaint with the state attorney and BBB and if at all possible returning the tires for full refund. To all who read this and other pepboys complaints never shop at pepboys. There are better and cheaper tire and service centers out there even national chains, Discount tire for one.