Complaint Review: Pepboys

• Updated: Thu, June 05, 2014

• Reported By: Matt — Lancaster Pennsylvania
Pepboys
2080 Lincoln Hwy Lancaster, Select State/Province USA

Pepboys Brought 2 cars for inspection, both failed, but both passed from other businesses Lancaster Pennsylvania

I brought 2 vehicles to Pepboys on seperate days in May, 2014. Both vehicles are less than 4 years old and are in good condition. To my surprise, on both days for both cars, I was quoted over $1,000 of required work to pass PA State inspection. I asked both times is it really required or could i get by till next year, I was clearly told no. I was told for one car that it need new rotors. The other vehicle, i was told I would need new rotors, pads, and a center motor mount. Took both vehicles for a second opinion and both passed inspection. Keep in mind, from 2 seperate well known businesses in the area. I mentioned to each dealership what I was quoted and they told me that everything was fine and that it was apparent that I was being pinched. I later spoke with a Charlie after I had come to this knowledge and as he was very apologetic and customer service oriented he took the complaint via the phone. Unfortunately, he did not ask for my contact information to follow up on corrections.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2014 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pepboys/Lancaster-Select-StateProvince-17602/Pepboys-Brought-2-cars-for-inspection-both-failed-but-both-passed-from-other-businesses-1152369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pepboys