Complaint Review: Perez Auto Works

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: Matt — miami Florida
Perez Auto Works
9375 SW. 40th Street miami, Florida USA

Perez Auto Works Perez Autoworks Stole my credit card information and commited fruad miami Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In Defense Of Perez Autoworks

I purchased a Groupon for services at Perez Autoworks. When I arrived at Perez the lady at the front desk asked for my information and had me write my address, phone number and email address on a piece of paper. She then asked for my credit card and she wrote the credit card number on the same piece of paper. I found this odd because I had already paid Groupon and usually when I purchase a Groupon the merchant does not ask for payment information. I gave her a credit card that a rarely use as I was suspicious.

Five days later I have six fraudulent transactions on this credit card. They were all for restaurants around Perez’s locations. Most of the transactions are for small amounts such at $8 at McDonalds and $9 at Wing stop. However there is a $59 charge at Wing stop as well. As I mentioned before I rarely use this card so the fraud could have only stemmed from Perez Autoworks. I am sure this has happened to many people who purchased the same Groupon as I did. Please help to warn other about the shady practices of Perez Autoworks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Perez-Auto-Works/miami-Florida-33165/Perez-Auto-Works-Perez-Autoworks-Stole-my-credit-card-information-and-commited-fruad-miam-1141306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Perez Auto Works

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In Defense Of Perez Autoworks

AUTHOR: Perez Autoworks - ()

Hi I Am the president of Perez Autoworks this gentlmen came to our shop off a Groupon that is a voucher that is paid directly to Groupon not through us. There is no money or credit card exchange here at the shop unless you had other work done which he didn't. The voucher is redeemed by customers phone or a voucher with a bar code. We got in contact with the customer and told him he could look at our hi definition cameras and he refused we told him to send the detectives that were investigating and we did not here anything else we have proof that there was not a credit card used here from him we also have the paper he filled out his address and phone number no credit card. We have no hard feeling with this person. We are a family owned buisness and we have to much to loose for something like that. And remember make sure that you are 100% sure that when you accuse someone of somthing that delicate make sure you have proof 100% like we do.