Complaint Review: Performance Power

• Updated: Fri, May 31, 2013

• Reported By: Jim01011973 — Miami Florida
Performance Power
124 Lindy Lane West Palm Beach, Florida USA

Performance Power / Johnny Bohmer BEWARE OF THIS CON ARTIST > JOHNNY BOHMER / PERFORMANCE POWER West Palm Beach Florida

This "speed shop" is one of the most corrupt companies I have ever dealt with in the automotive business.

I have had sports cars all my life. After 45 years of racing, I thought I seen it all... boy was I wrong...

Performance Power in West Palm Beach FL, more specifically, the owner Johnny Bohmer, is a lying, thief.

I was warned by several people of his illicit business practices, but I went against these claims, and my own gut feeling, as I was unfortunately sold by his industry jargin and southern charm.

After spending in excess of $50,000 on my car, it was not only no faster than before (we were planning on racing it in the standing mile, which is where I met Johnny in the first place) but it would not run for more than a few hours without something breaking.

It turns out, they purposely left things broken, in order to get me back for repairs. My original quote was $18-20k. [continued below]....

....... and who knows what it would have gone up to if I had left it there. It was a never-ending cycle. I was told 3-4 weeks... my car was at his shop for almost 6 months. The list of things that was supposed to be performed on my car, vs what actually was done is mind blowing. Too much to list in fact, and many readers would not even understand it unless you are extremely mechanically inclined.

When I had enough, Johnny would not give me my car back unless I signed a release form, which basically says I cannot sue him for any reason. I have a lawyer looking into this, and we're pretty sure his form is null and void. I will post an update as this progresses.

In the end of this nightmare, I beleive Johnny doesn't know what the **** he is talking about (he has a couple of kids working for him that actually seem like they know what they're doing, but apparently don't) but he loves to race his Ford GT, which is a very expensive car and hobby to upkeep. He scams wiling and trusting people like myself into jobs that are unattainable by his skills, to afford to keep his hobby going.

BEWARE of this con artist... he's BAD news!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Performance-Power/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33406/Performance-Power-Johnny-Bohmer-BEWARE-OF-THIS-CON-ARTIST-JOHNNY-BOHMER-PERFORMANCE-1055331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Performance Power