Complaint Review: Performance Recovery, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, November 19, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: Bullied — Arizona United States of America
Performance Recovery, Inc.
333 N. Canyon Pkwy Suite 100 Livermore, California United States of America

Performance Recovery, Inc. Futi Taafua Threat to garnish wages for unfounded claim Livermore, California

I received a call from a person calling himself "Futi Taafua" from a company called Performance Recovery, Inc. on 11/16/2012.  He demanded payment of a $10K+ state income tax bill from 2003 for a state in which I did not reside at the time.

I explained to him that while I did reside in that state in the years before 2003 (and had dutifully paid taxes), I had moved to another state in late 2002 and did not reside in that state in 2003. Further, I had spoken to the state in question in 2005 after they had questions regarding my 2003 residency; I moved in late 2002 and my home eventually sold in July 2003.

The state appeared comfortable with my responses to their questions as I have not heard from them for 7 years.  So on 11/16, this person calls and tells me (again, first contact from anyone regarding this issue in 7 years) that I owe what would have been approximately 20% of my income to a state in which I did not reside in the year in question.

Futi Taafua threatned that I had until 11/19 (Friday to Monday) to make restitution or else my current wages would be garnished.  The initial conversation with this person was on Friday 11/16 at 6:00 EST and his follow up call on Monday 11/19 demanded payment or else garnishment of wages.  I explained once again that I did not incur state taxes in the state and that he had not provided me with any time to contact the State or Federal governments for documentation - I save tax returns, but I do not save them for 9 years.  His response was for me to arrange a payment plan or "else".

Well, I'm not going to establish a "payment plan" or any other type of regress for funds which I do not owe regardless of threats from Performance Recovery, Inc. and Futi Taafua.  I pay my taxes and I owe nothing to anyone and I am alarmed by the strong armed tactics of this collection agency and its representative.  Now I'm being threatned to "pay-up" over a weekend or else my wages will be garnished, my good credit ruined, etc...   I will fight Performance Recovery, Inc. and its representative Futi Taafua until my dying breath for I will not allow them to intimidate me.

And BTW, I live in the Phoenix, AZ area - I do not avoid any phone calls because I have nothing to avoid, but this company, Performance Recovery, Inc. in Livermore, CA and its representative Futi Taafua called with a local Phoenix phone number.  I will quote the FCC regulation regarding this practice: Truth in Caller ID Act of 2009 which seems to put  Performance Recovery, Inc. and Futi Taafua in violation of this FCC regulation for "spoofing" a local number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Performance-Recovery-Inc/Livermore-California-94551/Performance-Recovery-Inc-Futi-Taafua-Threat-to-garnish-wages-for-unfounded-claim-Livermo-971635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Performance Recovery, Inc.