Complaint Review: Performance Volkswagon

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous due to pending suit — Council Bluffs Iowa
Performance Volkswagon
7108 South 124 Circle LaVista, Nebraska USA

Performance Volkswagon Performance Auto Group THIEVES, BOTTOM FEEDERS, SNAKES, and LIARS!!!! especially Mr. McCord!!!! LaVista Nebraska

*Consumer Comment: Buyer's Remorse

On 11/30/2012 I went into Performance Volkswagon to test drive a 2013 VW Jetta SE 2.5. I liked the car but I was not in love with the vehicle. The salesman asked me what I was thinking I'd achieve or what did I want to achieve for the possible purchase. I told him I'd like to save money on a monthly basis car payment, gas, and insurance. I was driving a 2012 Toyota 4 Runner with $18,000.00 equity. I ended up sealing the deal and driving away after a lot of uncertainty and a ton of pressure. The salesman insisted I'd save on gas and that my insurance would be almost nothing compared to what I was paying with my 4 wheel drive. I still was in doubt with the upfront forecast of snow. The sales man laughed and said no other sedan is like a VW in the snow that they are a german vehicle after all.

A few days later I call my insurance agent and I about died when he shared my new rates. I went up $80.00 per month. I asked how? I had a 4X4 and this is a small sedan. His answer to me, "You bought a German Vehicle with expensive repairs." I called Mr. McCord (Nebraska has a 3 day return on new car sales and my purchase was on a friday) I mentioned the 3 days and his reply was, That this is Tuesday and you are an owner of a Volkswagon, your 3 day have gone and pasted. My bad I was stuck!!

A week later I receive a call from Theresa Baker at SAC Federal Credit Union she explained that Mr. McCord needed to speak to me that I needed to stop by the dealership. I drove to Performance Volkswagon and asked to speak with Mr. McCord. I went into Mr. McCord's office and he had said that he needed me there because Theresa Baker of SAC FCU had noticed an error in the purchase agreement. I smiled, "Great give me back my 4 Runner!!" Mr. McCord smerked back and told me I could not kill the deal, that I was only called in because the Vin Numbers were wrong from what was listed on my Purchase Agreement that he did not even have to make this known to me but that he was saving me heartache down the road when I went to trade the car. Mr. McCord told me he'd love to assist me in getting out of the deal but his hands were also tied and that Theresa at my Credit Union would confirm what he was telling me.

It has almost been a year or will be next month, I am ready to trade the Jetta to get into another SUV however my car is now worth only 45% of it's window sticker and I am $1500.00 negative equity. I did explain to the dealer all that had happened to me when I visited another dealership here in Omaha and he told me it was too late but that I would not have been held to the contract with the wrong VIN #. That Mr. McCord looked me in the face and lied to me. I also spoke to Theresa Baker at SAC Federal Credit Union about wanting to trade in my Jetta. Ms. Baker mentioned in conversation that she too drove a Jetta her and her husband that Mr. McCord is a personal friend of hers. Trust no one no even old man who looks innocent. I am contacting an attorney, the good thing is I still have both purchase agreements and I hope I can get Justice!!  Stay away from Performance Auto G

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Performance-Volkswagon-/LaVista-Nebraska-68127/Performance-Volkswagon-Performance-Auto-Group-THIEVES-BOTTOM-FEEDERS-SNAKES-and-LIARS-1090207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Performance Volkswagon

Buyer's Remorse

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"I ended up sealing the deal and driving away after a lot of uncertainty and a ton of pressure."

OK, you're weak. We get it.

"The salesman insisted I'd save on gas and that my insurance would be almost nothing compared to what I was paying with my 4 wheel drive."

You should get your insurance quotes from an insurance agent NOT a car salesman.

"I am contacting an attorney, the good thing is I still have both purchase agreements"

An attorney will tell you the first agreement is null and void and the second agreement is enforceable.

You are attempting to use the VIN error as a way out of a one-year-old deal. Too late, that ship has sailed. You appear to be suffering from a case of buyer's remorse.