Complaint Review: Performant Recovery Inc

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: pissedoff — Oak Point Texas
Performant Recovery Inc
P.O. box 94566 Pleasanaton, California USA

Performant Recovery Inc formerly known as Diversified Collection Services Inc Performant Recovery trying to collect on a 11 year old La. tax debt Pleasanaton California

I received a letter from Performant Recovey trying to collect a debt for the La. Department of revenue. The State of La tried telling me after 11 years I didn't file taxes for 2002 and I owe $5,600 in taxes. First of all I thought under the fair credit act this debt is to old to report to the credit reporting agencies and there is no way I owe this. I am 48 years old and have filed taxes every year since I was 15. In 2002 I worked part time and attended school so i only earned $30,000 and was married and had two kids that I claimed all so how could I owe $5,600. They likely would owe me, plus we filled taxes every year. next i tried calling the La. dept of revenue and this is like dealing with a bunch of ignorant monkeys. No one helped and just kept directing me to website or #'s that I just kept getting shuffled around. I spent days dealing with this and got no where so now I'm getting turned over to a second party collection agency. I did some searching and cannot find where PRI has a license to collect debt in TX and this is well over 7 years, so where is the fair credit act on this?

Also, they are very arrogant and believe i owe this dept so where do get help for this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Performant-Recovery-Inc/Pleasanaton-California-94566/Performant-Recovery-Inc-formerly-known-as-Diversified-Collection-Services-Inc-Performant-1069030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Performant Recovery Inc