Complaint Review: permnent general insurance

• Updated: Fri, August 02, 2013

• Reported By: dmo — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
permnent general insurance
internet, Select State/Province USA

permnent general insurance THEGENERAL,THE General "thegeneral insurance company totally misrepresents itself Internet

"thegenerl" car insurer advertises constantly on TV/cable about how cheap it's rates are. I called to get a quote and was shocked to find out my rates would be literally double what my present insurance company (nationwide) charges. I have no tickets, not moving violations, no dui... not even a parking ticket. I have been with Nationwide for 10+ years with no accidents... in other words a good risk, I believe. When I expressed shock over thegenerals rates, the salesperson more or less apoligetically told me that the reason the rate were so high is "because we insure only higher risk persons" In a word, thegeneral is falsely putting up an image of being so much lower in rates but, in fact, they have outrageous rates.

I can appreciate that higher risk drivers should have higher rates, but there is no excuse for advertising the way thegeneral does...it is teribly misleading. My rates would be 2400.00 per year vs my nationswide rates of 1200.00 per year.

Am I the only one who is offended by this purile way of doing business, the only one who feels insulted by such blatantly ridiculous sales tacticks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/permnent-general-insurance/internet-Select-StateProvince-internet/permnent-general-insurance-THEGENERALTHE-General-thegeneral-insurance-company-totally-m-1072632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on permnent general insurance