- Report: #1025951
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Petco Animal Supply
Petco Animal Supply168 Ames Dr Barre, Vermont United States of America
Petco Animal Supply Barre, Vermont Petco Animal Supply Ruined My Service Dog Doggie and Ignored Reasonable Accommodations Barre, Vermont
*Consumer Comment: This does not sound right
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The groomer made me hold my service dog. She then tried to clip his nails in a dark small area of the reception room, my friend ended up having to help also. When the groomer hurt my dog, all hell broke out, and I was pushed against furniture, resulting in a huge bruise on my left leg.
At the end of the "professional" nail clip, my dog was a quivering mess. When I complained, they did not charge me the 10 bucks for the clip, which I would have been glad to pay, if they had not harmed my dog. They they acted as though everything was ok. [continued below]....
Nice that Petco has helped some get service dogs, but my service dog Doggie was injured at a Petco and now cannot work. I have been left without a working partner. The vet said he may recover but is going to need a lot of retraining. Petco you could have cared, but you just sent it to a claims adjuster that is only interested in medical bills and vet bills. What you do not seem to care about is that I now have lost use of the only life line I had to get me out into the community. I am devastated. I worked my tail off for 17 months to train my American Dingo, only to lose use of him in 17 minutes at Petco in the hands of a groomer. Make it right Petco, help me fix my dog. Here are some of the task that he learned for me with a couple he was working on.
Cross trained for several disabilities here are SOME of the things Doggie learned the last 17 months...
1. Puts himself between me and other people to keep an open area around me and alleviate anxiety, and protect from being bumped into due to brittle bones.
2. Tucks in against me when symptoms of Complex PTSD manifest
3. Touches me helping with dissociation, to bring me back to an aware state.
4. Stays with me when dissociated for my safety.
5. Trained to push me out of the way of unsafe drivers and electric cars I cannot hear.
6. Tells me when to make meals, I forget to eat.
7. Balance and counter balance work.
8. Pulls my wheelchair.
9. Wakes me from nightmares associated with Complex PTSD.
10. Makes me get up and move around when I get obsessed on something.
11. Assists going up and down stairs and rough terrain.
12. Brings me toys to play with when depression sets in.
13. Is learning to alert me when my voice is too loud. I have trouble with that.
14. Is learning to push the button, like on a door or crosswalk
15. Safely takes me across streets and finds the crosswalk button.
18. Rides in elevators.
19. Goes in public bathrooms.
20. Shops and stands in lines like at the grocery and other stores.
21. Goes through automatic doors.
22. Stands back while I open doors.
23. Will shop with me with a shopping cart.
24. Lays under table at restaurants and soup kitchens.
25. Signals me with a bark when a situation gets too stressful for me in public, so I can use it as an excuse to leave and go outside
26. Stands and watches without sound or trying to chase wildlife as I take photos and videos, alert for danger to take me away from it.
27. Has an uncanny sense of who to steer clear of on public streets and places thus keeping me out of danger which many times I was unaware of.
28. Can get help if needed at home.
29. Tells me when my blood sugar is low.
30. Checks out the house when we get home.
MAKE IT RIGHT PETCO...
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2013 04:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petco-Animal-Supply/Barre-Vermont-/Petco-Animal-Supply-Barre-Vermont-Petco-Animal-Supply-Ruined-My-Service-Dog-Doggie-and-I-1025951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.