Complaint Review: PETE'S AUTO CLINIC

• Submitted: Thu, January 20, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Ken — Canoga Park California U.S.A.
PETE'S AUTO CLINIC
190 Humahuaca Street, Pahrump, NV 89048 Pahrump, Nevada United States of America

PETE'S AUTO CLINIC SCAM ARTIST Pahrump, Nevada

*Author of original report: UPDATE ON REPAIR WORK

SCAM ARTIST

On 12/28/10, I called Pete's Auto Clinic and asked how much to change the rear main seal. The lady, Angie, said I would have to bring it in for an estimate. Upon arrival I was asked to complete a blank invoice with my personal info and signature, and I did. I waited in their shop for almost an hour. Angie then claimed that I owed $65.00 for the estimate. I said, "I am not going to pay you anything. What type of business are you running here, asking for money that you never quoted in advance?"She apologized and said we will talk about it later. When I got home I realized that they had all my personal info and signature on a blank form. I called back to inform them that I wanted a copy of the invoice with my signature back. Angie got Pete on the phone. Pete claimed that they were performing diagnostic work and that was what the $65.00 charge was for. I informed Pete that I asked for an estimate not diagnostic work. The fact is you need to let the customer know in advance if there is going to be any charges. Secondly, I don't need an errand boy, I already knew it was the rear main, I asked for estimate--not diagnostic work. Pete said well one of your Valve Covers is leaking too. Thats strange; your so called diagnostic report did not mention it. What was the point of charging me $65.00 to tell me where the leaks are, then not mention in the report, but only after I complained about the very poor service.When I went to pick up a copy of the signed invoice they had entered a $65.00 charge and then wrote N/C over it.On this day I received three estimates, Pete's Auto Clinic was the only shop that wanted me to wait an hour, and then tries to charge me $65.00.This is really unbelievable, one lie after the next.I guess they thought since I was from California, and didn't live in Pahrump, they could run a scam on me, very sad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2011 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PETES-AUTO-CLINIC/Pahrump-Nevada-89048/PETES-AUTO-CLINIC-SCAM-ARTIST-Pahrump-Nevada-684762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PETE'S AUTO CLINIC

UPDATE ON REPAIR WORK

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

This guy is so stupid. He claimed the valve cover was leaking, it wasnt leaking.  It was the EGR hose on the intake manifold that was leaking.  Apparently, Pete is unable to tell the difference between motor oil and coolant.
..................................................................................................................................

He claimed he had checked the rear main, and it was leaking.  That was a lie, the rear main is not leaking.

All I can say at this point is, AVOID THIS SHOP AT ALL COST.  PETE IS A CROOK